Friday, December 18, 2009

Diet ... Diet ... Diet...

"You have to love yourself more than anything else" - Judy S. Chu, M.D

Day 1

Last Thursday, I woke up to take a bath before I go to work however I can't do so due to dizziness. I slept again trying to relieve the feelings, but every time I open my eyes, everything around me is moving and rolling. I have a slight fever. My throat is also in pain.

I called my manager that I can't go for work today co'z my mom really wants me to see a doctor.My mom also talked to Mam Edna to ask permission.

I took my breakfast first before going to hospital co'z it may take time there.

While on cab, I really feel bad co'z my headache is getting intense. I wanna throw up.

We arrived at Emergency Room of Chinese General Hospital and its good thing that we assisted immediately. I was taken a BP and its normal 110/80. The thing is in ER, they do not accept my Maxicare Health Card, leading me to go directly to the coordinator which is located in the other building. I had no choice but to proceed. In maxicare office i was immediately referred to their partner doctor, Dra. Judy Chu, MD.

When I was in her clinic, she took another BP, this time its not good co'z my bp is 160/100. As per her, its normal co'z I took the stairs and walk to reached her place, sometimes it make sense. She also advised the need to take antibiotic for my swollen throat and undergo some lab test like CBC count.

I went to the hospital laboratory (looks familiar, fyi Im always at lab for Kojic soap). The girl extracted a blood sample from my arm and advised me to come back the following day for the result.

Day 2

I went to the hospital today again for the result of my blood test.

Good thing I'm clear. However the doctor told me that I have to monitor my blood pressure. No juices. No junkfoods. Drink more water. No more sodas :(( and I have to take a strict diet from now on. Im not getting younger and too much weight is not good for my bones especially for my cartillage. As per her, it may lead to rheumatic disease. She says, "you have to love yourself more than anything else co'z its for your own good".

Another brilliant doctor came in my path to give me a word of wisdom. I wish there are a lot people like her who's not just do her job because she is being paid, but do her responsibility to her patient with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment